- Can I get coaching at the Club? Our own Attenborough Tennis Academy provide professional tennis coaching. There are various opportunities to receive tennis coaching, in both groups or on a one to one basis for juniors and adults.
Please see the coaching information page for coaching sessions.
- How do I join? It is very simple to join.
All you need to so is download and print a copy of our application form, complete it and send it along with your payment to our Membership Secretary, Bob Bridges, at Attenborough Tennis Club, Shady Lane, Attenborough, Nottingham NG9 6AW.
Alternatively bring it along with you when you come down to the club.
- Do I have to be able to play to a standard? Players of all abilities are welcome to join. The Club actively encourages anyone to come along and have a go to promote beginners, non-playing family members and anyone returning to the game after a break.
- I am not sure about joining and so can I try before joining to see whether it suits me? New players are welcome to come and play as a visitor on Saturday afternoons (club social play) or to join in with one of the sessions run on Saturday mornings by Andy Gardiner. There are also cardio sessions and morning social play sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- What are the options for membership can I choose from? See the Club Membership page.
- Are there opportunities to play in matches? All club members are entitled to play in fixture matches in the Nottinghamshire LTA Leagues, the indoor league, the club singles’ league and the annual club tournament. We currently have 2 ladies’, 4 men’s and 3 mixed teams. There are different formats in different leagues ranging from 2 to 6 sets per couple. Details of the current list of fixtures and links to results on LTA website are available on the fixtures page.
- Are there any car parking facilities at the club? There is a limited number of car parking spaces but this can become busy at the weekends. There is also on street parking available on Shady Lane. Club members and visitors are reminded to ensure that they give due consideration to our neighbours and pedestrians. Shady Lane can often get very busy over the weekends with walkers also using this lane for car parking before visiting Attenborough Nature Reserve.
- How can I pay for my subscription? Cheques should be made payable to ‘Attenborough LTC’ along with your completed membership subscription form and sent to Robert Bridges, Attenborough Tennis Club, Shady Lane, Attenborough, Beeston, Nottinghamshire NG9 6AW.
If you would like to pay by BACS, please contact us for our bank details.
- How can I participate in the Wimbledon ballot? Each year the club receives an allocation of Wimbledon tickets based on the number of club members who have signed up as a British Tennis Member through the LTA (free) and have opted in to Wimbledon tickets on the LTA website.
All club members are then invited (through a notice displayed at the club house) to express their interest in the range of tickets the club has been allocated by a specified date.
Tickets are then allocated by preferences made by the club members in the order in which their names are then drawn.
Only club members whose membership subscriptions are paid up to date and who are signed up as BTM on and who have opted in to the LTA Wimbledon website before the specified date are permitted to participate in this ballot.
If you have not signed up to BTM you can do this online by visiting the following link: www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/British-Tennis-Membership/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- What are the terms and conditions for joining the club? As an unincorporated association, we are governed by a constitution and club rules which also incorporate the Disciplinary Code and rules of the LTA.
- When I have joined as a member can I invite guests to come and join for a game or two of tennis? Yes we would welcome your guests to enjoy the facilities at the club.
Who knows they may like what they see and also wish to join us!
All members should ensure they sign the Club visitor’s book and pay the £3.00 fee per guest.
This fee should be left at the Club house for the attention of the Club Treasurer.If the Club House is locked then the Visitor Fee may be posted into the post box with a note addressed to the Club Treasurer together with details of the Club Member and the name of their visitor and the date on which they attended the club.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can invite guests to join me to play at the club? Senior Club Members are entitled to invite visitors to use the club and its facilities as long as a guest does not exceed more than six times in any one calendar year.
Junior members are only allowed one visitor at any one time provided a guest does not use the facilities for more than six times in any calendar year.
- Can I book a court to play without being a club member? As a members only club, our courts are not available for public bookings. However, to encourage players of all abilities, including non members, to come and use the club’s facilities, there are pay and play opportunities..
Alternatively, you can try out the facilities before joining the club by contacting one of our committee members or our club secretary to arrange a suitable date and time.
- How often can I play? Please check out the schedule of play for court availability so that members can get maximum use out of the courts. These scheduled activities are given priority but there may be occasions when some courts are free during these times and members are encouraged to make use them.