The club has been competing in the Nottinghamshire League since 1909 when it was established by the office of the Chilwell Garrison, using grass courts.
The club has been developing ever since. In 1908, the club bought the current club site and the club house was built in 1980 when the courts were also changed from grass to artificial grass.
Although there have been many changes at the club over the past 100 years, the ambience and friendly setting of the club remains unchanged.
Club members who enjoy playing competitively can join one of our Teams in the Nottinghamshire LTA and Aegon Leagues, or participate in the various annual club tournaments and Singles’ Leagues.
There are occasional club events throughout the year to give members and their partners the opportunity to get together for meals and drinks.
Attenborough Tennis Academy organises coaching sessions at the club to suit all ages and abilities, including pay & play sessions.