Training Course | Subscriptions | Wimbledon tickets | Juniors | Match Practice Sessions | Dates
News for Members by Jane Bowden
Please find below an email regarding a training course for anyone who might be interested in running competitions in the future or who is interested in refereeing or officiating at tennis events.
These are now due. Please, can you pay them ASAP, especially if you wish to enter the Wimbledon draw and also if you want to avoid the £10 surcharge for late payment!!!.
A reminder that the draw for the Wimbledon tickets will be made on Saturday 20th April at 1.30pm so you have until then to sign up at the clubhouse. For the main LTA tickets you must be a club member, have BTM status and have opted in on the LTA website before February, but for the 2 Notts LTA tickets you don’t need to have opted in. You do still need to have BTM status and be a club member.
Following a suggestion from one of the parents, we are hoping to have another go at getting Sunday afternoon family social tennis going. The difficulty is that there is a lot going on at the club so finding suitable dates is a bit tricky. However, we are really hoping to get a monthly fun tournament for junior + adult, probably along the lines of the 8s tournament that we also do for adults. It would be very helpful if you could let Saul or me know if this would be something of interest to you.
Match Practice Sessions
Don’t forget that Men’s Match Practice has resumed at the club on a Wednesday evening and that Ladies’ Match Practice (with men too!) has resumed on Thursday evenings. Big thanks to Keith Pentelow for organising the Thursday evening sessions at NTU over the winter; we all really enjoyed playing there.
There is now a year planner in the clubhouse showing key dates for things going on at the club. We will need volunteers to help with several events including:
- GBTW on Sunday 19th May (am)
- GBTW on Sunday 21st July – This is the weekend of the Attenborough Scarecrow Trail and we would like to enter a scarecrow this year as it is a fantastic way of getting people into the club. However, we do need someone to take on organising the making of a scarecrow (John McEnroe?) perhaps with a group of children?
- Another possible GBTW on Sunday 16th June
- Sunday 30th June – Finals’ Day and AGM
- Saturday 8th June – 6.40 am(!) Guinness Book of Records attempt at a person playing tennis at the most places in 24 hours.
- Saturday 6th July – Attenborough Church fete – we have agreed to have a stall offering tennis related activities and will need some volunteers to run it and to give out info about the club. Another great opportunity to advertise ourselves and do something for the community.
Please make a note of these dates in your diary and let me know if you are happy to volunteer for the scarecrow making group and/or the Fete.
Email from LTA
Dear Club Main Contact, Head Coach or Coach
I am emailing to let you know about a couple of Competition Organiser workshops taking place soon in the East Midlands. If you would like to see more social and recreational competition taking place at your club or more junior/adult local competitions, then this workshop will provide the knowledge and opportunity to run grade 6, grade 7 and internal ungraded events. This workshop is also the first step in the Officiating/Refereeing pathway and consists of a 3-hour session to provide the basic knowledge and skills to enable the delivery of internal and low-level local competition. Attendees must be a minimum of 16 years of age and the course is unassessed. Further information can be found on: LTA website